Sunday, March 8, 2009

well, i promised my next blog would be a heart blog... so, here it is. my heart is bursting at the seams. i'm receiving a hundred fold of what i'm giving... it's amazing how the Lord works. my days are filled with many hugs and much laughter; my nights are filled with sweet time of fellowship with the other volunteers. i feel like just beyond the surface are a lot of tears, so i honestly try to not think about it too often because knowing me, i would be crying all the time... the tears do come though, and they're coming more often now that i'm connected to the hearts of the people here. the tears are for gratefulness for my time here, for the joyful hearts of the kids, for the amazing fellowship that i have with the other volunteers, for the sweet worship in church, for the way that certain kids have changed me. my tears are also for the brokeness of this world and the flesh, for the things these kids have experienced, for their need for love beyond what they can receive here and praying that the Lord will be real to each of them. 
He is so big and He is working here in such visible ways... there is so much here to feel and i'm grateful that He is showing me a new facet of Himself through the love of these precious kids. as much as i try, there aren't words to express His kindness towards me. i am full. 

4 comments:

Luis Portugal said...

Hello
It has a nice blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from my country, Portugal

Carrie said...

What a blessing. Dan and I have been praying that God would show you His glory and purpose. We love you.

Alicia Lewis said...

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Lauri said...

Hey Milwee!
You probably don’t remember me but this is Lauri Mehaffey. I was a freshman in Alpha Dizzel Pizzel when you were a senior. I always thought you were the stuff! I saw your magnet on John Pritchard’s refrigerator and he filled me in on what you were up to. How exciting to have the Lord lead you to this. How exciting to be a part of His plan to bring the nations to Himself. I just wanted you to know that you are touching lives in His name, in Honduras and via the World Wide Web! You are in my prayers Milwee.
Holla girl.
Lauri